Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ah Mah's curry mix

This curry mix in a pack is very good. It is simply named Instant Curry Mix or Kari Campuran. I call it Ah Mah's curry mix. Why? It is a long story...



It is suitable for both meat and seafood which is really quite unique and versatile. Most other pre-mixes are either for meat or for seafood. I have used it with chicken, fish, prawns and squids. And it tasted delicious with all of them.

My last use of this curry mix was with squids. I used 2 small tomatoes and 2 small onions (or 1 big tomato and 1 big onion) and cut them like so...



I used 3 mid-size squids and cut them in rings.

 

I poured one packet of the curry mix into a wok. I then put in the tomato and onion and added half cup of water. I cooked the tomato and onion for a while until they are soft. The squid was then added in. Do not over-cook the squid. As soon as it is cooked, remove the fire. Over-cooking will make the squid hard and rubbery.

The outcome was like this..
Simple and delicious.Where can you get the curry mix? I really don't know. Like I said, it is a long story. Happy hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment